Welcome to CAHI’s HSA Info Center. Designed for consumers, employers, insurance agents and brokers, public policy professionals and members of the media, the HSA Info Center offers many resources to provide answers to your HSA questions.
Health Savings Accounts – or HSAs – are the centerpiece of a new approach to health care referred to as consumer-driven health care. The Council for Affordable Health Insurance (CAHI) has been at the forefront of this movement since 1992 when the Medical Savings Account (MSA) pilot program was first established. HSAs represent the best of the MSA concept and, with the passage of the Medicare Modernization Act of 2003, are a permanent health care coverage vehicle available to consumers.
New in the HSA Info Center —
- CAHI Member Companies Offering HSAs and HDHPs
- HSA State Implementation Report
- HSAs, Present Law and Analysis Relating to the Tax Treatment of Health Savings Accounts and Other Health Expenses
- Consumer-Driven Health Plans Gaining Stronger Presence
- Federal Employees Health Benefits Program: First-Year Experience with High-Deductible Health Plans and Health Savings Accounts
- What’s Next for HSAs?
To learn more about HSAs, obtain copies of official guidance from the IRS and U.S. Treasury, or simply share your HSA success story, follow the appropriate link below —
- HSA Basics
- CAHI HSA Publications & Resources
- Other HSA Publications & Resources
- Purchase “The Complete HSA Guidebook”
- U.S. Treasury HSA Resources & Official Guidance
- HSA Legislative Resources
Disclaimer: The information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Transmission, downloading, accessing and/or receipt of these materials does not establish or constitute an attorney-client relationship between CAHI and the recipient. Readers of this information should not act upon any information contained in this site without seeking professional legal counsel.