CBD oil is a well-accepted natural remedy that has been proven to provide relief for many health concerns. Among the questions that many people usually ask about CBD oil is if it can be effective topically as well as orally. The answer to this question is yes, but there are some precautions you should take before using CBD oil on your skin. Read on.
What are Topical CBD Products?
CBD oil is a non-psychoactive compound that is efficient in treating many ailments. A topical CBD product has an active compound of cannabis that can be applied directly on your skin, topically. These products are often used for skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Topical CBD products are in a wide variety of forms including:
- Gels: can be rubbed into the skin or used on a targeted area
- Creams: can be applied to the body, such as your back and stomach
- Lotions: are similar to creams but tend to have a lighter consistency. These products usually contain a thinner base like water, oil, or alcohol-based liquids with added ingredients for fragrance and nourishment
- Salves: are ointments that contain stronger ingredients. They may contain waxes, oils, or other thickening agents like beeswax and petroleum jelly to help with pain relief
These topical products are made from hemp extract mixed with other ingredients like coconut oil or shea butter for better absorption into your skin.
Remember that not all CBD products are good to use topically. For example, pure CBD oil is usually ingested orally because it’s not easy to absorb it through the skin.
Related post: Snow Lotus Strain Reviewed
Topical CBD Usage
Before using CBD oil on your skin, it is important to note that the topical application of cannabis products has been associated with drug diversion and therefore should be used cautiously. It’s best to consult a doctor before you start experimenting with these products as they could interfere with other drugs or supplements you may currently be taking.
Topical CBD is easy to use. You just need to apply a small amount of CBD oil to the affected area and gently massage it in. When using topical CBD oils for pain relief, start with a small amount and gradually increase the dosage until you feel relief.
Related post: How to Get Rid of Marijuana Smell
What are Oral CBD Products?
Oral CBD products are those that you take orally. These products are made from hemp extract with added ingredients for flavor and better absorption into your body. Different oral CBD products include:
- Capsules: CBD oil is mixed with an inert vegetable-based capsule to help it get absorbed into your body more effectively. You can take these capsules orally, or open them up and add the contents to a food
- Drops: are similar to tinctures but tend to have a stronger flavor. They’re usually administered under the tongue where the mucous membranes are most absorbent
- Tinctures: are liquid concentrates that can be added to water or juice. They’re often flavored for better taste and usually have a dropper so you know how much CBD oil was consumed
- Edibles: these products include foods like chocolate bars, gummies, biscuits among others that contain hemp extracts.
Before using oral CBD products it is important to note that there’s still very limited research on the benefits of ingesting cannabis extracts. One study found that oral CBD products can help reduce anxiety, but it’s still unclear whether these effects are due to the presence of cannabidiol or other terpenes.
Oral CBD products are most efficient in managing chronic conditions. In such cases, it may be better to use CBD products orally as compared to topical uses.
Oral CBD Usage
Using oral CBD is easy as well. You just need to add a small amount of CBD oil or other oral CBD product into your favorite beverage and ingest it. When using oral CBD for pain relief, start with a low dose and gradually increase the dosage until you feel better.
Taking oral CBD is more effective and may likely bring in faster results. Although, if you are using other drugs or supplements it’s best to consult your doctor first.
It is best to take the right dose only after consulting with your doctor. This is to avoid any adverse effects on your health. Side effects may be mild but can provide discomfort.
As more research is carried out on cannabis extracts, it’s important to note that the benefits associated with their use may vary from person to person. It will also depend on factors such as age and the current medical condition of a patient.
Is CBD More Effective to Use Orally or Topically?
CBD is effective both orally and topically. However, it is best to use CBD products orally if you want fast results. Since this method makes the CBD easily pass through your liver that metabolizes them for distribution around the body, very little CBD will get to the affected area and bring in faster results.
Topical CBD, on the other hand, takes longer to be effective as compared to oral intake but can work well for chronic conditions such as psoriasis or eczema. It is also important to note that topical application of cannabis products has been associated with drug diversion which is why it’s best to use these products cautiously.
If you are among the many CBD users who ask the question, “can you use oral CBD topically?” Well, the answer is Yes! CBD can be used both orally and topically. Just be certain that you use the proper dose for every CBD product that you will use.
In summary, CBD can be used both orally and topically depending on the type of product you are using. The best way to use it is by taking oral CBD products because they will quickly enter your bloodstream and spread around your body. Topical application may take a bit longer but if you want relief from chronic conditions such as psoriasis or eczema, topical CBD can work well.
CBD oil is effective when used properly. Make sure that you use the right dose and consult your doctor to avoid side effects.